NFL Power Poll and Week 5 Picks
The mighty NFC East has decisively shifted the balance of power as all four teams are among the NFL elite. Who rounds out the top-10? Find out in the first edition of the power poll.
1. Tennessee Titans (4-0) Defense giving up league-best 11.5 points per game and offense much better suited with cool-headed Kerry Collins at the helm.
2. New York Giants (3-0) Champs took care of business before the bye.
3. Buffalo Bills (4-0) Week 2 win in Jacksonville only marquee victory but 4-0 is 4-0.
4. Dallas Cowboys (3-1) Suspect defense and selfish T.O. could spell trouble for Cowboys down the road.
5. San Diego Chargers (2-2) Bolts should be 4-0; LT getting healthier by the week.
6. Washington Redskins (3-1) Played one poor half of football (Week 1 vs. Giants) all year.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (2-2) Week 5 clash with Skins will determine if NFC East is four-team race.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1) Gritty come-from-behind win vs. Ravens on MNF silenced critics … for the moment.
9. Carolina Panthers (3-1) With Steve Smith back, offense should find another gear.
10. New England Patriots (2-1) Don’t count out a Bill Belichick team just yet.
Week 5 Picks (Home teams in CAPS)
NY GIANTS over
New England over
Last Week: 9-4