NFL Power Poll and Week 6 Picks
The Titans improved to 5-0 but ceded top billing in the poll to the defending Super Bowl champs. The NFC East, which continues to grow stronger by the week, now boasts three of the top four teams.
1. New York Giants (4-0) Sure, the G-Men may have benefited from a soft schedule but they’ve rolled through it thus far.
2. Tennessee Titans (5-0) Late rally against Baltimore was enough to maintain an unblemished mark but not sufficient to hold the top spot.
3. Washington Redskins (4-1) Having already completed road legs of divisional play, Redskins are gaining steam each week.
4. Dallas Cowboys (4-1) Allowed the pesky Bengals to sneak back into the game last week but still won going away. What’s next for the Hard Knockers?
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1) Consecutive wins against divisional rival Baltimore and playoff rival Jacksonville have Pittsburgh looking downright steely again.
6. Carolina Panthers (4-1) With 34-0 thumping of Kansas City in the rearview, Panthers will look to establish early stranglehold on NFC South in Tampa Bay this week.
7. Denver Broncos (4-1) So the Broncos do have a defense. Interesting.
8. New England Patriots (3-1) Next four weeks (at San Diego, Denver, St. Louis, at Indy) will reveal a lot about the backbone of the Pats.
9. Buffalo Bills (4-1) Losing 41-17 is bad, particularly when you’re 4-0 and even if you lose your starting quarterback in the process.
10. Chicago Bears (3-2) Over the last two contests Devin Hester has caught eight balls for 93 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Week 6 Picks (Home Teams in CAPS)
NY JETS over Cincinnati
ATLANTA over Chicago
Carolina over TAMPA BAY
WASHINGTON over St. Louis
HOUSTON over MIAMI
Jacksonville over DENVER
Philadelphia over SAN FRANCISCO
Green Bay over SEATTLE
Dallas over ARIZONA
SAN DIEGO over New England
NY Giants over CLEVELAND
Last Week: 9-5