NFL Power Poll and Week 7 Picks
Another week, another reshuffling of teams in the latest power poll. Tennessee at one is about the only thing everyone can agree on at this point in the season.
1. Tennessee Titans (5-0) Last unbeaten team standing gets top billing, that much is undisputed.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1) Steelers went into their bye strong and have come out of it refreshed.
3. New York Giants (4-1) Is anyone really surprised that the Eli Manning Face made an appearance on Monday night after the talking heads started throwing around “Better than Peyton” nonsense?
4. Indianapolis Colts (3-2) Speaking of the elder Manning, what Peyton did to a nasty Baltimore defense last week should quell any chatter of unnecessary comparisons between siblings.
5. Arizona Cardinals (4-2) Kurt Warner’s Cards have downed Miami, Buffalo and Dallas by an aggregate 102-51 at home. Greatest Show on Roll-Out Grass?
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-2) 27-3 drubbing of divisional rival Carolina certainly shook things up a bit in the wide open NFC South.
7. Dallas Cowboys (4-2) Are the Cardinals really that good or are the Cowboys simply overhyped? I vote the former.
8. San Diego Chargers (3-3) Okay, pasting the Patriots may not hold as much clout as it once did but this is still the best team in the AFC West.
9. Washington Redskins (4-2) So they lost a game they were supposed to win after winning a pair they were supposed to lose. Seems like the Skins are still ahead of the curve.
10. Buffalo Bills (4-1) One thing’s for sure: the Bills are either moving up or down after this week’s bout with the Bolts.
Week 7 Picks (Home Teams in CAPS)
San Diego over BUFFALO
CHICAGO over Minnesota
Pittsburgh over CINCINNATI
Tennessee over KANSAS CITY
Dallas over ST. LOUIS
MIAMI over Baltimore
NY GIANTS over San Francisco
CAROLINA over New Orleans
HOUSTON over Detroit
NY Jets over OAKLAND
WASHINGTON over Cleveland
Indianapolis over GREEN BAY
TAMPA BAY over Seattle
Denver over NEW ENGLAND
Last Week: 10-4