Week 10 Power Poll and Picks
At the midway point of the 2008 season, the NFC boasts three of the top five teams, and six of the top ten. See how it all shakes out in the newest power poll.
1. Tennessee Titans (8-0) Titans keep grinding out victories but will need another Music City Miracle if they want to run the table — as some are already boldly predicting.
2. New York Giants (7-1) Champs patiently waiting for Tennessee to get bumped so they can reclaim rightful status as number one.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) With the presidential election serving as a backdrop, the reborn Steelers made a statement on Monday night against the Redskins.
4. Carolina Panthers (6-2) Panthers go into their bye coming off solid home victories versus the Saints and Cardinals.
5. Philadelphia Eagles (5-3) If they beat the Giants on Sunday night, Eagles become the presumptive favorite in the NFC.
6. Washington Redskins (6-3) Skins will look to regroup during bye week after taking a pounding from Pittsburgh.
7. New England Patriots (5-3) They’re … still … here …
8. New York Jets (5-3) Rock-solid win in Buffalo set the stage for divisional showdown with Patriots on Thursday night.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3) Losing to a bad Cowboys team before nearly falling to a hapless Chiefs outfit indicate Bucs are going in the wrong direction.
10. Atlanta Falcons (5-3) Five of last eight games are at home — where Matt Ryan’s Falcons are unbeaten. Can you say NFC sleeper?
Week 10 Picks (Home Teams in CAPS)
ATLANTA over New Orleans
Tennessee over CHICAGO
MIAMI over Seattle
Jacksonville over DETROIT
NEW ENGLAND over Buffalo
Green Bay over MINNESOTA
HOUSTON over Baltimore
NY JETS over St. Louis
PITTSBURGH over Indianapolis
Carolina over OAKLAND
PHILADELPHIA over NY Giants
SAN DIEGO over Kansas City
ARIZONA over San Francisco
Last Week: 9-5