NFL Power Poll and Week 10 Picks
1. New Orleans Saints (8-0) With a couple of cupcakes in the Rams and Bucs on the horizon, it’s going to be difficult for the Saints not to look ahead to a monster Monday Night showdown with the Patriots on Nov. 30.
2. Indianapolis Colts (8-0) The Colts have looked mortal the last two weeks, squeaking by the Niners and Texans to remain unbeaten.
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-1) If the Vikings run through Detroit, Seattle and Chicago at home over the next three weeks, they’ll head into December with a great shot at snagging the No. 1 overall seed in the NFC playoffs.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) The champs sure look like they’ve hit their stride, but they still have to avenge a Week 3 loss to the Bengals if they want to capture their third straight AFC North title.
5. New England Patriots (6-2) A win in Indy Sunday night will change the entire landscape of the AFC, as the Patriots will become the odds-on favorites for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (6-2) It’s a tall task, but the Bengals can all but wrap up the AFC North with a victory over the Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday.
7. Dallas Cowboys (6-2) Fanfare aside, the Cowboys have been playing at a high level for the last month, highlighted by a rousing come-from-behind win in Philadelphia last week.
8. Denver Broncos (6-2) The Ravens and Steelers established the blueprint for beating Denver: throttle the short-passing game and force Kyle Orton to beat you deep.
9. San Diego Chargers (5-3) If the Chargers can take care of the Eagles at home on Sunday, they will be in prime position to assume control of the AFC West with a win over the Broncos next week.
10. Arizona Cardinals (5-3) The Cardinals can’t seem to decide whether they’re the team that nearly won the Super Bowl or the one whose most famous player was Rod Tidwell until last year.
Week 10 Picks (home teams in CAPS)
SAN FRANCISCO over Chicago (picked Tuesday)
CAROLINA over Atlanta
MIAMI over Tampa Bay
MINNESOTA over Detroit
NY JETS over Jacksonville
PITTSBURGH over Cincinnati
New Orleans over ST. LOUIS
TENNESSEE over Buffalo
Denver over WASHINGTON
Kansas City over OAKLAND
ARIZONA over Seattle
GREEN BAY over Dallas
SAN DIEGO over Philadelphia
New England over INDIANAPOLIS
Baltimore over CLEVELAND
Last Week: 8-5